Youth Concerto Competition / for musicians 18-and-under
Up to TWO WINNERS will perform with the Midwest Chamber Ensemble during the 2017-18 season!
All events at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, 9100 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS.
Sunday, February 5, 2017 / beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, March 5, 2017 / 7:30 p.m.
Laura Anderson, piano (age 15)
Third Movement of Mozart's Concerto in A Major, K. 488
teacher: Melody Stroth
Zofia Farley, violin (age 16)
First Movement of Mendelssohn's Concerto in E minor
teacher: Chiafei Lin
Caleb Lim, violin (age 14)
Beethoven's Romance in F Major, Op. 50
teacher: Lubomira Paskaleva
Miles Swaminathan, piano (age 13)
First Movement of Grieg's Concerto in A minor
teacher: Karen Kushner
Allen Zhang, violin (age 14)
Third Movement of Bruch's Concerto No. 1
teacher: Veronique Mathieu
Barry Zhang, piano (age 16)
Saint-Saëns' Concerto No. 2 in G minor, Op. 22
teacher: Jack Winerock
January 15, 2017
Send a completed application form and a nonrefundable entry fee of $25
(check made out to Midwest Chamber Ensemble) to:
Youth Concerto Competition
c/o Midwest Chamber Ensemble
9100 Mission Road
Prairie Village, KS 66206
Rules and Regulations
1. Applicants must be 18 years old or younger as of January 1, 2017.
2. Applicants must reside in Missouri or Kansas.
3. Applications and the $25 entry fee must be received by January 15, 2017. No late applications will be accepted. You will be notified via email of your competition time no later than one week prior to the Preliminary Round on February 5, 2017.
4. Repertoire must be selected from the repertoire list (coming soon). If you wish to choose a concerto not found on the list, you must get approval from Steve Lewis by writing to email@example.com
5. Your selected piece should be 15 minutes or under. There will be no exceptions. Be aware of this when choosing your concerto movement(s).
6. You must provide your own accompanist.
7. Please arrive at your competition time at least 15 minutes early to register and prepare for your performance. At least one original score must be provided for the judges; photocopied scores will not be accepted, and this includes downloads from IMSLP. Failure to provide a score may result in disqualification.
8. Up to six finalists will be selected to compete in the Final Round on March 5, 2017, which will be in the form of a public concert. More information will be provided to the finalists.
9. Finalists and winners are chosen by a panel of judges. Up to two winners may be chosen at the conclusion of the final concert. The judges' decisions are final.
10. Further questions may be directed to Jessica Koebbe via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. All events take place at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, 9100 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS.