Youth Concerto Competition / for musicians 18-and-under
Up to TWO WINNERS will perform with the Midwest Chamber Ensemble during the 2018-19 season!
All events at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, 9100 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS.
Sunday, January 28, 2018 / beginning at 12:30 p.m.
Sunday, February 25, 2018 / 7:30 p.m.
January 15, 2018
Send a completed application form and a nonrefundable entry fee of $25
(check made out to Midwest Chamber Ensemble) to:
Youth Concerto Competition
c/o Midwest Chamber Ensemble
9100 Mission Road
Prairie Village, KS 66206
Rules and Regulations
1. Applicants must be 18 years old or younger as of January 1, 2018.
2. Applicants must reside in Missouri or Kansas.
3. Applications and the $25 entry fee must be received by January 15, 2018. No late applications will be accepted. You will be notified via email of your competition time no later than one week prior to the Preliminary Round on January 28, 2018.
5. Your selected piece/movement should be 15 minutes or less. There will be no exceptions. Be aware of this when choosing your concerto movement(s).
6. You must provide your own accompanist.
7. Please arrive at your competition time at least 15 minutes early to register and prepare for your performance. At least one original score must be provided for the judges; photocopied scores will not be accepted, and this includes downloads from IMSLP. Failure to provide a score may result in disqualification.
8. Up to six finalists will be selected to compete in the Final Round on February 25, 2018, which will be in the form of a public concert. More information will be provided to the finalists.
9. Finalists and winners are chosen by a panel of judges. Up to two winners may be chosen at the conclusion of the final concert. The judges' decisions are final.
10. Further questions may be directed to competition chair, Jessica Koebbe via email: email@example.com.
11. All events take place at Lutheran Church of the Resurrection, 9100 Mission Road, Prairie Village, KS.